To continue with our series on spring cleaning, we’re going to take a look at what you need to do in order to do spring cleaning in the bedroom. The bedroom is likely somewhere that you spend a lot of time, so it’s important that you don’t skip it while you’re going through your spring cleaning routine.
But where do you start? What do you need in order to make sure that your bedroom is ready to roll for the spring? Here are some tips you can keep in mind.
– Flip Your Mattress. Flip your mattress over at least once a year. This helps to keep it clean and it helps your mattress to stay in working condition for a number of years. It also helps it to stay more comfortable.
– Change Your Sheets. If you haven’t changed your sheets in awhile, now’s the time to do it. Get some bright colored sheets onto your bed, and change the pillowcases out as well! That way, your whole room is going to feel fresh and clean. If you don’t have another set of them, now’s the time to find a new set of sheets to buy and use on your bed. You may also want to consider getting new pillows if it’s been awhile as well.
– Make sure all electronic devices are working. Just like the living room, you likely have a number of electronics in your bedroom as well. Are the batteries changed in all of the important devices that have them? Is your alarm clock working, is the TV working, do you have any dead laptops or cell phones that you’ve just been hiding in your junk drawer that need to be recycled? Take care of it now.
– Speaking of the junk drawer… Admit it; you’ve got one in one of your dressers. I have two in my bedroom (one in a small dresser, one in a larger one). When was the last time you cleaned out your “junk drawer?” Even if you’re just reorganizing what is in there (mine have a lot of birthday cards and small presents that I don’t have space to display), you can make more room for other important items!
– Go through your clothes! Yes, there are going to be people who look at this and try to ignore it, but when you’re spring cleaning, that’s the best time for you to consider what you need to get rid of. If you’ve lost weight, get rid of the bigger clothes. If there’s something you just don’t’ wear, you can pitch it. Just get rid of what you don’t need; make sure you donate it if it’s still wearable, however!
If you go through all of these different steps, you’ll find that it’s much easier for you to clean out your bedroom. That way, you’ll feel less cluttered and more comfortable.
Junk Jitsu is a Chantilly Virginia junk removal company, that also provides furniture delivery services, serving Northern Virginia, and we are glad that you decided to come and check out our blog. As you can see from browsing our site, we are able to help with a number of moving and junk removal services. We focus on giving you the best quality services for the lowest price possible. You can check out our services page to learn more about our eco-friendly services.